Sunday, February 21, 2010

Poster Process

I started with this graphic of chromosomes. I got that idea from a line in one of Róisín's songs "Overpowered".
When I think that I'm over you
I'm overpowered

Your date on my data
The chromosomes match
Exact as in matter
A matter of fact
I then extracted one of them in Photoshop, and played around with how I wanted it to look in Illustrator.

The next step was to add text.













I had to play around with typefaces and what font size to use for all of the different text.


Background color required some tough choices:

This also made me think about if I wanted to use color for any of the text.



Somewhere in there, I also added text to the background for texture. It reads 
AUSTIN CITY LIMITS MUSIC, although that doesn't really matter.



I added the logos last since I created most of the poster before I got ahold of them.


To continue my process...I created two additional posters after this one, and ended up liking them better, so I don't think I will use this one to turn in.

No comments:

Post a Comment