Thursday, November 20, 2008

Steven Klein+Madonna=Art

Here is a video example of what Steven Klein can do with stop motion animation. I like the way he makes things disappear and reappear, play forward, rewind, repeat, etc. It is really bizarre. The last 60 seconds of this video shows it really well, although the technique is used for the whole video.

It is a videoscreen backdrop used during the Opening of one of Madonna's Concerts. It is made from a photoshoot that Klein did with her which he then made into a video set to her song "The Beast Within" which contains passages from the Book of Revelations. I find the whole thing to be very bizarre and artistic.

This is the style I would like to explore for my stop motion animation project because I find the repetition and disconnected feel to be much more interesting than a typical time sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment