Monday, January 18, 2010

Photo Transfer Fun!


8" x 5.5"

I'm working on my third project in Book Arts/Letter press.  I'm not going to reveal just yet what the theme of the book is, but the project is to create a book from found objects.  I'm using photos from magazines.  This is the back cover of the book.  I created it by xeroxing a photo from a magazine, then I coated water color paper with soft gel gloss, and then rubbed the photocopy onto the water color paper to transfer the black ink.  Then I painted the entire thing with water colors just to give it some color.  I really like how it turned out and now I think I'm going to have to create a new front cover so it will match.

This is a technique that I'm glad I tried out because I'd love to use it in the future again sometime, and I have plenty of gloss medium left.

No comments:

Post a Comment