Friday, January 15, 2010

First Complete Typeface


11" x 17"

I finally finished my typeface!  This is the poster I made advertising the typeface.  It has a complete type specimen included in it.  I decided to name it Circuit Breaker, which has that electric sound to it, and is also the name of one of the band's songs.  The Band I was inspired by for this was Royksopp.

Here is the poster I made originally with the lettering I created for it:






I created only these 7 letters when making my poster, and then later decided I should complete the entire alphabet.  All of these had to change slightly because when you're creating a typeface, it is different than just some lettering.  It has to be at least somewhat legible in text form in many different words.  While the letters I created for the poster look okay as a logo, they didn't work in a font.  It was a long process, but I am happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment